Messing with Facebook & Facebook Messenger on my beloved Android I was unaware of a feature that I personally feel was silently implemented in an update & it wasn’t till I saw a good mate of mine using the feature that I knew it even existed.
I of course am talking about the ability to record a brief message to send to your friends through Facebook Messenger. Perfect for those who just don’t feel like typing out that kinda long message you have brewing in your mind.
Upon using this new found feature the most common reply to friends hearing my voice was “How’d ya do that?” or in some cases “WTF…OMG…HWD U D0 D@?!” so allow me to explain step by step & I will make it as easy as I can!
1. Open Facebook Messenger on your mobile (I used a Samsung Galaxy S3 but I know it works on other devices not sure exactly what though so just try anyway…)
2. Select a contact to whom you want to send a voice message to.
3. On the message screen where you type the message to send to your friend you’ll see a + symbol to the left of the text box simply click that to open the more options screen.
4. Once you open more options you may see a record voice button if you don’t see that you can’t do voice messaging on your device, if you can see that simple click it.
5. You should now have something that looks like image 3 attached, simply hold down that record button & whilst holding it down speak your message & when you have finished simply release the button & your done.
If you have any questions leave a comment on this post & I will try to help you but hopefully this helps everyone so you all can have fun with the new feature like I have been.